Binance Jersey was launched in January 2019 to enable our customers to join the Binance ecosystem by depositing and trading their GBP and EUR for a relatively small offering of cryptocurrencies. Binance Jersey was one of the first exchanges globally to offer this service.
The world’s leading cryptocurrency exchange, Binance.com (www.binance.com), now offers its users the ability to deposit GBP (Faster Payments) and EUR (SEPA) through its payment channels or to directly buy crypto via their credit or debit cards. Binance.com also offers a greater number of GBP/EUR-to-crypto trading pairs, and users can currently benefit from paying no fees when depositing EUR or GBP via bank transfers. This evolution in the offering of Binance.com has extinguished the rationale for Binance Jersey as a distinct exchange.
Binance Jersey thanks our loyal users for using our services and would strongly encourage our users to look at using Binance.com going forwards for all their cryptocurrency and trading needs.
The closing of the Jersey exchange will take place in three distinct phases:
Phase 1: Closing to Deposits: 30th October, 2020
- We will close Binance Jersey to all new deposits (GBP, EUR and crypto-currencies) on 30/10/2020 at 08:00 UTC.
- Users will still be able to trade all crypto-pairs.
- Users will still be able to withdraw their funds via GBP (Faster Payments) and EUR (SEPA).
- Users will still be able to withdraw their crypto-currencies.
Phase 2: Closure of all Trading Services: 9th November, 2020
- All trading activities on Binance Jersey will cease at 23:59 UTC on 09/11/2020, at which time Binance Jersey’s matching engine will shut down.
- User Orders can then no longer be placed.
- Users may still login and access their accounts with Binance Jersey in order to withdraw their funds via GBP (Faster Payments) and EUR (SEPA) and in order to withdraw their crypto-currencies.
- All remaining BGBP assets will be converted to GBP after the closure of trading services.
Phase 3: Hard Shut-Down (Anticipated): 30th November, 2020
- It is anticipated that the Hard Shut-Down of Binance Jersey will be on 30/11/2020 at 23:59 UTC.
- After the Hard Shut-Down it will not be possible for users to login or access their accounts with Binance Jersey.
We strongly recommend you to transfer your GBP, EUR, and cryptocurrency holdings out of Binance Jersey by no later than (23:59 UTC on 30/11/2020).
Please note that if any crypto balances are insufficient to cover the relevant blockchain transaction fee which would be incurred to transfer such balances, those balances will regrettably be lost to the users concerned. The aggregate of all such balances (or a GBP sum equivalent thereto) will be donated by Binance Jersey to the Binance Charity Foundation (www.binance.charity/about), a non-profit organization dedicated to achieving global sustainable development by unlocking the power of blockchain.
We apologise for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. Our Customer Support Team will be available throughout the off-boarding process to ensure that this is a smooth process.
In addition to reiterating our gratitude for the support shown by our loyal users, we would like to take the opportunity to also thank the Government of Jersey, Digital Jersey, the Jersey Financial Services Commission, Carey Olsen, and all our other partners for their continued support.
Thank you for your support.
The Binance Jersey Team
Contact Binance Jersey Customer Support: https://support.binance.je/hc/requests/new